When I first served these turnovers, folks thought I bought them from a bakery. Everyone was surprised to hear they start with refrigerated crescent rolls and pie filling. —Jolene Spray, Van Wert, Ohio
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup strawberry pie filling
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons apricot spreadable fruit
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth. Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Place 1 heaping teaspoonful of cream cheese mixture in the center of each triangle. Top with 1 teaspoon of pie filling and 1 teaspoon of pineapple.
- With one long side of pastry facing you, fold right and left corners over filling to top corner, forming a square. Seal edges. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with spreadable fruit. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cheese Bundles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p201
Reviews for Strawberry Cheese Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2011
"These are quick, easy and delicious! Next time I'm going to try diced kiwi instead of pineapple."