- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup mashed unsweetened strawberries
- Whipped cream or frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, gelatin powder, water and oil. Beat on low speed 1 minute or until moistened; beat on medium 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites and mashed strawberries into cake batter.
- Pour into three greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread whipped cream or frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. If frosted with whipped cream, store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Cake
Sort By :
"It was moist BUT very disappointed in the cake flavor it tasted very artificial strawberry from the jello. My husband didn't like it. Won't be make this again."
"Very delicious, moist cake. Easy to make and extremely good with a Cool Whip frosting."
"I started making this in 1964. Its Deeelish. Once I added all liquids from box recipe and other too. Hah it made a 3 layer 45 minute cake that was soooo good. Tasted like the cake next to jelly roll. Not overly sweet but moist to the Nth degree. This recipe is a little different but is strawberry jello cake. it can make just about any fruit flavor with few adjustments. And I substitute apple sauce for oil and made butter cream frosting with half sugared strawberries. Used frozen sweetened. But its your creation do as you will."
"I have lots of strawberry freezer jam, I think I will spread some between the layers, it should be a nice Valentines Day cake."
"You have to use much more fresh strawberries. Not just 1/2 cup - you must use 3 C. crushed strawberries to really give the cake a strawberry flavor and color. Also, I add crushed fresh strawberries in my frosting for an extra flavor boost and look."