- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup mashed unsweetened strawberries
- Whipped cream or frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, gelatin powder, water and oil. Beat on low speed 1 minute or until moistened; beat on medium 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites and mashed strawberries into cake batter.
- Pour into three greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread whipped cream or frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. If frosted with whipped cream, store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Cake
"easy to make and a family favorite"
"One word DELICIOUS !!!"
"I have an old family recipe. It is from scratch and differs significantly from this one, I like my recipe better."
"I just made this cake. It rose but when I took it out of the oven, it fell. Then I dumped it in the garbage. I won't be making it again!"
"Yum!!! Very moist with good strawberry flavor. A great springtime cake!!"
"I made this cake and did not ice it. Instead I used it as the base for strawberry shortcake. It is a great base for this. Topped with lightly sweetened whipped cream it is delicious"
"I served this yesterday at our Memorial Day picnic. Everyone said it was scrumptious including me! I'll make again for sure."
""Oh...Heavens to Betsy!!!" You gonna get so many compliments...the secret is out. One of my favorite person delighted us with this cake before...of course feeling as if I could never even bake as well as she does. I didn't bother to ask for her recipe. But, anyways thank you for sharing this one and my compliments to the TASTE OF HOME for making it available to me."
"This is my grandchildrens favorite cake and mine!! It is so good with and without the frosting. Thank you for sharing."