- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup mashed unsweetened strawberries
- Whipped cream or frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, gelatin powder, water and oil. Beat on low speed 1 minute or until moistened; beat on medium 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites and mashed strawberries into cake batter.
- Pour into three greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread whipped cream or frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. If frosted with whipped cream, store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Cake
Sort By :
""Oh...Heavens to Betsy!!!" You gonna get so many compliments...the secret is out. One of my favorite person delighted us with this cake before...of course feeling as if I could never even bake as well as she does. I didn't bother to ask for her recipe. But, anyways thank you for sharing this one and my compliments to the TASTE OF HOME for making it available to me."
"This is my grandchildrens favorite cake and mine!! It is so good with and without the frosting. Thank you for sharing."
"This is my sons favorite cake.He likes the strawberry buttercream frosting instead of the whip cream ."
"I've been making a cake very similar to this for years and it is a family favorite, especially when we have fresh strawberries from the garden. Mine also has strawberries in the simple butter cream frosting."
"It was moist BUT very disappointed in the cake flavor it tasted very artificial strawberry from the jello. My husband didn't like it. Won't be make this again."