Strawberry Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup mashed unsweetened strawberries
- Whipped cream or frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, gelatin powder, water and oil. Beat on low speed 1 minute or until moistened; beat on medium 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites and mash strawberries into cake batter.
- Pour into three greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread whipped cream or frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. If frosted with whipped cream, store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Cake
Sort By :
"You have to use much more fresh strawberries. Not just 1/2 cup - you must use 3 C. crushed strawberries to really give the cake a strawberry flavor and color. Also, I add crushed fresh strawberries in my frosting for an extra flavor boost and look."
"So fresh, so lovely, and delightful."
"I enjoyed this cake very much- fresh strawberry flavor, moist, and pretty. Because I did not have three 8 inch round pans, I used two 9 inch which worked very nicely, leaving one middle layer to fill. I tinted the whipped cream light pink. This would be very nice on an Easter buffet with fresh assorted berries on top."
"I am usually not a fan of strawberry cake (I was raised on the mix). However, the first time I made this cake, I was amazed at how wonderful it tasted. Now, I make this cake for two of my co-workers on their birthdays. They absolutely love it!"
"I have been a Cake Mix Doctor fan for years and used only her recipe for strawberry cake. I was a little skeptical of trying a new one but this is a delightful variation! Whipping and folding the egg whites gives this cake a nice springy feel. Plus, a reduction in the amount of oil made it much less dense. This is a very nice spring dessert!"