Strawberry Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup mashed unsweetened strawberries
- Whipped cream or frosting for your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, gelatin powder, water and oil. Beat on low speed for 1 minute or until moistened; beat on medium for 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites and mash strawberries into cake batter.
- Pour into three greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread whipped cream or frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. If frosted with whipped cream, store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Cake(21)
Sort By :
I have been a Cake Mix Doctor fan for years and used only her recipe for strawberry cake. I was a little skeptical of trying a new one but this is a delightful variation! Whipping and folding the egg whites gives this cake a nice springy feel. Plus, a reduction in the amount of oil made it much less dense. This is a very nice spring dessert!
This is a very good cake !!!
LOVE STRAWBERRIES, BUT IF i MAKE THIS CAKE, I WILL USE SUGAR FREE JELLO, AND SWEET N LOW ON THE STRAWBERRIES !!! i PREFER A 9 X 13, AND WILL USE COOL WHIP LIGHT. THEN I WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE A SECOND PIECE LATER IN THE EVENING !!! LOL
I was looking for something different to take to a Memorial Day cookout, when I got this recipe in your newsletter. All I can say is WOW! It was the hit of the cookout. My sister-in-law asked me to make it again for a gathering last weekend. It stays so moist and the flavor tastes fresh and light. I will be making it again in a couple of weeks for my family reunion. I'm sure I will get the same reaction there.
so good and so easy!