Strawberry Cake Recipe
This fresh-tasting cake with its pretty pink tint took center stage at the reception for my farmer cousin, Scott Kittelmann, and his wife, Kathy. To hint at the flavor before cutting, garnish the top of the cake with whole strawberries. —Pam Anderson, Billings, Montana
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup mashed unsweetened strawberries
- Whipped cream or frosting of your choice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, gelatin powder, water and oil. Beat on low speed 1 minute or until moistened; beat on medium 4 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites and mashed strawberries into cake batter.
- 3. Pour into three greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Spread whipped cream or frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. If frosted with whipped cream, store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 222 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC