- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup mashed unsweetened strawberries
- Whipped cream or frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, gelatin powder, water and oil. Beat on low speed 1 minute or until moistened; beat on medium 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites and mashed strawberries into cake batter.
- Pour into three greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread whipped cream or frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. If frosted with whipped cream, store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Cake
"Easy to make and a family favorite"
"One word DELICIOUS !!!"
"I have an old family recipe. It is from scratch and differs significantly from this one, I like my recipe better."
"I just made this cake. It rose but when I took it out of the oven, it fell. Then I dumped it in the garbage. I won't be making it again!"
"Yum!!! Very moist with good strawberry flavor. A great springtime cake!!"