There are several farms in our community where families can go pick their own strawberries. We usually pick a big bucketful and can't resist sampling some in the car on the way home. But we make sure to save enough for this delcious spread.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, pureed
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add
- sugar and vanilla; mix well. Stir in strawberries. Cover tightly and
- refrigerate for several hours or overnight. May be stored in the
- refrigerate up to 1 week. Serve with English muffins, toast, waffles
- or pancakes. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 132 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.