There are several farms in our community where families can go pick their own strawberries. We usually pick a big bucketful and can't resist sampling some in the car on the way home. But we make sure to save enough for this delcious spread.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, pureed
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add sugar and vanilla; mix well. Stir in strawberries. Cover tightly and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. May be stored in the refrigerate up to 1 week. Serve with English muffins, toast, waffles or pancakes. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Strawberry Butter in Country February/March 1998, p51
Reviews for Strawberry Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2014
"Very good. I think it would be good, too, with other berries. Be careful not to add too much of the puree, or the mixture won't set up well. I'll make this one again!"
Reviewed May. 13, 2010
"This is absolutely delicious!!!"