“Can't remember where I got this recipe, but it tripped my trigger when I read it," recalls Bob Knobel of Granger, Indiana. "This also makes a great party appetizer or pretty dessert.” Serve on toasted bagels if you don't want to turn on the oven.
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 24 slices
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly, warmed
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly crisp.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and honey until smooth; spread over one side of each slice of bread. Top with strawberries; brush with jelly. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Bruschetta in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p52
Reviews for Strawberry Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review