Strawberry Brunch Bruschetta Recipe
Try this sweet bruschetta for a brunch or indulgent weekend breakfast. The goat cheese, fresh herbs and strawberries are part of the luxury. —Johanna Hauer, Kennebunk, Maine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 pound fresh goat cheese
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh arugula or fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets; brush with oil mixture.
- 2. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with goat cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese begins to melt.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine strawberries and arugula; layer over cheese. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 piece: 117 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Brunch Bruschetta
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC