Try this sweet bruschetta for a brunch or indulgent weekend breakfast. The goat cheese, fresh herbs and strawberries are part of the luxury. —Johanna Hauer, Kennebunk, Maine
Featured In: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 pound fresh goat cheese
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh arugula or fresh baby spinach, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets; brush with oil mixture.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with goat cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese begins to melt.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and arugula; layer over cheese. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Brunch Bruschetta in Country Woman April/May 2011, p44
Reviews for Strawberry Brunch Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review