- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Fresh strawberries and mint, optional
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Stir in walnuts. Pour the batter into two greased and waxed paper-lined 8-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pans.
- Line a 1-1/2-qt. metal bowl with foil. Cut and fit one brownie layer to evenly line the inside of a bowl (brownie may crack). Spread preserves over brownie layer. Freeze for 15 minutes. Fill brownie-lined bowl with ice cream; smooth top. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until ice cream is firm.
- Place remaining brownie layer on a serving plate. Remove bowl from freezer; uncover. Invert onto brownie layer; remove bowl and foil. Return to freezer.
- In a large bowl, beat cream and food coloring until soft peaks form. Add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form; set aside 1-1/2 cups. Spread remaining whipped cream over top and sides of bombe.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag and insert star tip. Fill with reserved whipped cream; pipe border at base of bombe. Holding the bag straight up and down, form stars on top. Garnish with strawberries and mint if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Brownie Bombe
Sort By :
"My husband and I loved this recipe!! To make it a little bit healthier we used frozen yogurt instead of ice cream!"
"I used the basic ideas of the brownie bombe but replaced the strawberry parts with other flavorings and am using whipped cream as the frosting. I made a cherry raspberry conserve a while ago and am using it for the first time on this bombe."