For a naturally sweet addition to your meal, top ice cream with this lovely and delicious dessert. Or serve it warm by itself with a dollop of whipped cream. Either way, it's irresistible!—Cheryl Mutch, Edmonton, Alberta
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place the strawberries in an ungreased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine sour cream and cinnamon; spoon over berries. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly. Serve over ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Broil in Country Woman May/June 1997, p37
Reviews for Strawberry Broil
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2012
"YUM! This was absolutely delicious. I made it for a Father's Day brunch for 26 people and everyone loved it -- kids too!"