Strawberry Breakfast Sauce
My mother used peaches to make this sauce, but my family prefers fresh strawberries. It's wonderful warm over waffles or pancakes.Marie Harrell, Donna, Texas
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 6 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 8 to 10 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange
- juice; bring to a boil over medium heat. Add strawberries; return to
- boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add food coloring if desired.
- Serve warm over waffles or pancakes. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 89 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.