For a simple dessert, bake these sweet fruit-topped rolls that call for just six ingredients. They’re so yummy, your family may request them for breakfast, too.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 5 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and 2 teaspoons sugar; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, unroll breadstick dough (do not separate). Seal perforations; brush dough with butter. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough. Reroll, starting with a short end. Cut along seam lines.
- Place rolls cut side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with syrup. Serve with reserved strawberry mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Breadstick Rolls in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p8
Reviews for Strawberry Breadstick Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2011
"My 5 year old son LOVED these! Very simple to make and a different way to use refrigerated breadsticks."