Strawberry Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg plus 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add egg, egg whites and oil; stir just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and nuts. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 209 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Bread
"This bread had a strange texture when I was mixing it - and it broke apart after cutting it, but it tasted really good!"
"I cut the recipe in half to only make one loaf and used 1 egg and two egg whites. After reading the reviews, I watched the bread closely while it baked and I'm glad I did. It was completely done after a little over 50 min. I really don't know if I will make this again. This bread is good, but not superb."
"This was moist and delicious! Instead of vegetable oil, I used plain lowfat yogurt, which worked very well. And instead of strawberries and walnuts, I used fresh peaches and pecans. It was so good!"
"After looking at the receipe and reading the comments, i made a few changes. I used frozen strawberries that I thawed and drained juice from. I also added about a teaspoon for red food coloring. The bread came out really good."
"This bread tasted so yummy especially with butter on it when it just come out of the oven! :-) mmmmmm!"
"I had problems with it, too. Thought it was my fault so I made it twice. Still didn't rise, and was baked fine but just fell apart. It did taste good though."
"The bread was very dense and didn't rise at all, but it still tasted good. Also, it was cooked through and burned on the top in only 35 minutes... my oven is pretty small, which might have caused it, but I recommend checking well before 70 minutes anyways."