Strawberry Bread Recipe
My husband and I are strawberry lovers, so each spring we pick about 30 quarts. This recipe makes two delicious loaves. One we eat right away; the other we freeze and pull out when family comes to visit.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg plus 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add egg, egg whites and oil; stir just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and nuts. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 209 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC