My husband and I are strawberry lovers, so each spring we pick about 30 quarts. This recipe makes two delicious loaves. One we eat right away; the other we freeze and pull out when family comes to visit.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg plus 3 Eggland's Best Egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon and
- salt. Add egg, egg whites and oil; stir just until moistened. Fold
- in strawberries and nuts. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf
- Bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in
- pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 209 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.