Strawberry Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg plus 3 Eggland's Best Egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add egg, egg whites and oil; stir just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and nuts. Spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Strawberry Bread(6)
Sort By :
I cut the recipe in half to only make one loaf and used 1 egg and two egg whites. After reading the reviews, I watched the bread closely while it baked and I'm glad I did. It was completely done after a little over 50 min. I really don't know if I will make this again. This bread is good, but not superb.
This was moist and delicious! Instead of vegetable oil, I used plain lowfat yogurt, which worked very well. And instead of strawberries and walnuts, I used fresh peaches and pecans. It was so good!
After looking at the receipe and reading the comments, i made a few changes. I used frozen strawberries that I thawed and drained juice from. I also added about a teaspoon for red food coloring. The bread came out really good.
This bread tasted so yummy especially with butter on it when it just come out of the oven! :-) mmmmmm!
I had problems with it, too. Thought it was my fault so I made it twice. Still didn't rise, and was baked fine but just fell apart. It did taste good though.