At lunch with a friend one day, she told me about a steak salad she'd had at a party. It sounded so fantastic, I had to try it for myself. My family would eat it nonstop if we could. Can't seem to get enough of that twangy dressing! —Alma Winberry, Great Falls, Montana
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 bunch romaine, torn (about 10 cups)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- Season steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add steak; cook 5-7 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak into bite-size strips; toss with lime juice.
- On a platter, combine romaine, strawberries and onion; top with steak. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Serve with vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Blue Cheese Steak Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Strawberry-Blue Cheese Steak Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 23, 2016
"I do not usually care for fruit in my salad, but this one is delicious! I have also substituted feta cheese for the blue cheese, and it is equally as tasty."