Strawberry Bliss Omelet
Instead of the usual ham and cheese, try dressing up eggs with strawberries and cream cheese. "I first tasted this dish while vacationing at the beach," recalls Selina Smith of Frostburg, Maryland. "We like it now as a change of pace for dinner."
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Heat butter
- in a 10-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture. As
- the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are almost set, sprinkle cream cheese, brown sugar and
- 1 cup strawberries over one side. Fold omelet in half. Cover and
- cook for 1-2 minutes or until brown sugar begins to melt. Slide
- omelet onto a plate; top with remaining strawberries and dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 of omelet equals 378 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 466 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.