Instead of the usual ham and cheese, try dressing up eggs with strawberries and cream cheese. "I first tasted this dish while vacationing at the beach," recalls Selina Smith of Frostburg, Maryland. "We like it now as a change of pace for dinner."
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Heat butter in a 10-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are almost set, sprinkle cream cheese, brown sugar and 1 cup strawberries over one side. Fold omelet in half. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until brown sugar begins to melt. Slide omelet onto a plate; top with remaining strawberries and dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Bliss Omelet in Country Woman May/June 2002, p40
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Strawberry Bliss Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review