Strawberry Biscuit Shortcake Recipe
IT SEEMS Mom was always making biscuits. She served them plain for breakfast and dinner, especially when we had stew or baked beans. My favorite was when she served them like thistopped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream! Elaine Gagnon Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 4 tablespoons 2% milk, divided
- Fresh strawberries and whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 3 tablespoons milk until a thick batter forms.
- Drop four mounds of batter onto a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining milk.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Layer biscuits with berries and whipped cream in small bowls or on dessert plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Biscuit Shortcake in Reminisce Extra June 1997, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Biscuit Shortcake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cake Topping Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Shortcake Recipes >