Strawberry Biscuit Shortcake Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 4 tablespoons 2% milk, divided
- Fresh strawberries and whipped cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 3 tablespoons milk until a thick batter forms.
- 2. Drop four mounds of batter onto a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining milk.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Layer biscuits with berries and whipped cream in small bowls or on dessert plates. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 284 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Strawberry Biscuit Shortcake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.