Strawberry Biscuit Shortcake Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 4 tablespoons 2% milk, divided
- Fresh strawberries and whipped cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 3 tablespoons milk until a thick batter forms.
- 2. Drop four mounds of batter onto a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining milk.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Layer biscuits with berries and whipped cream in small bowls or on dessert plates. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 284 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Biscuit Shortcake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.