Strawberry Biscuit Shortcake
This is a perfect finish to any meal. I make the best out of fresh berries with this dessert.Stephanie Moon, Boise, Idaho.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder
- and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually stir in milk until a soft dough forms.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls into eight mounds on a
- lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries, orange juice and remaining sugar in a
- bowl; toss gently. Split shortcakes in half horizontally. Place
- bottom halves on serving plates; top with whipped topping and
- strawberries. Replace shortcake tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 261 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium,