Strawberry Bavarian Torte Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 sponge cake, cut into cubes
- Additional whipped cream
- Whole strawberries for garnish
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add berries; allow to thicken partially. Fold in whipped cream. Fold in cake cubes; stir until well coated. Spread into a greased springform pan; cover and chill overnight. Remove from pan and place on a torte plate. Frost with whipped cream and garnish with berries. Yield: 10-12 servings
1 slice: 258 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Bavarian Torte
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.