- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 sponge cake, cut into cubes
- Additional whipped cream
- Whole strawberries for garnish
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add berries; allow to thicken partially. Fold in whipped cream. Fold in cake cubes; stir until well coated. Spread into a greased springform pan; cover and chill overnight. Remove from pan and place on a torte plate. Frost with whipped cream and garnish with berries. Yield: 10-12 servings
Originally published as Strawberry Bavarian Torte in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p94
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Bavarian Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review