Strawberry Bavarian Salad
"As a child, I asked my mother to make this colorful gelatin for birthdays," recalls Lorna Northcutt of Gladstone, Oregon. "Now I fix it for my husband and son. You can leave out the marshmallows if you prefer," she adds.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in the strawberries;
- fold in marshmallows and whipped cream. Transfer to a 5-cup serving
- bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 185 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.