"As a child, I asked my mother to make this colorful gelatin for birthdays," recalls Lorna Northcutt of Gladstone, Oregon. "Now I fix it for my husband and son. You can leave out the marshmallows if you prefer," she adds.
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in the strawberries; fold in marshmallows and whipped cream. Transfer to a 5-cup serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Bavarian Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p9
Reviews for Strawberry Bavarian Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2012
"This recipe has become a family favorite."