Strawberry Banana Yogurt Shakes
For a nutritious breakfast or snack on the go, try this hearty shake from Norma Gabriel of Mondovi, Wisconsin. "With the banana, yogurt and milk, it's quite filling," she says. "My husband, son and I all enjoy it."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups unsweetened frozen strawberries
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a thermos or other insulated container; keep cool. Shake
- before serving. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 174 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.