- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups cubed angel food cake
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional strawberries or banana slices, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin; stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in strawberries; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes; set aside. Toss bananas with lemon juice; drain and set aside.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl. Layer with half of the pudding, bananas, strawberry sauce and whipped cream. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with additional fruit if desired. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Trifle
"I don't care for the taste of pudding, is there a substitute?"
"this is my son's most requested dessert for his birthday! Great for a crowd as it is better eaten same day as made."
"My favorite dessert! You can't go wrong"
"I second everyone's thoughts about this recipe! It was quick, easy, and delicious! I did substitute the whipped cream for no-sugar Cool Whip and it was absolutely perfect. There was plenty of sugar in the fruit, cake, and pudding. I made sure to strain most of the juice from the strawberries and I also created a layer of pudding so that the juice couldn't drop down and soak the cake."
"Sorry...forgot to rate it with stars!"
"Amazing recipe! Very easy to make and assemble. Can't wait to make it again!!! Thank you!"
"I made this for the first time for Easter dinner and everyone loved it! I did add a few more strawberries and used low fat cool whip in place of the whipping cream. The angel food cake did not soggy and I found that one premade loaf from the grocery to be enough for the recipe and made it extra easy! It looked beautiful, tasted great, and I will definitely make it again!"