Strawberry Banana Trifle Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups cubed angel food cake
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional strawberries or banana slices, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin; stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in strawberries; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes; set aside. Toss bananas with lemon juice; drain and set aside.
- 3. Place half of the cake cubes in a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl. Layer with half of the pudding, bananas, strawberry sauce and whipped cream. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with additional fruit if desired. Yield: 14 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Trifle
"I don't care for the taste of pudding, is there a substitute?"
"this is my son's most requested dessert for his birthday! Great for a crowd as it is better eaten same day as made."
"My favorite dessert! You can't go wrong"
"I can't eat angle food cake. Allergies to eggs. So can you use regular cake for this? I was wondering if it would be soggy?Judy"
"This was wonderful, I made it for a Christmas morning and by Christmas evening it was gone."
"I second everyone's thoughts about this recipe! It was quick, easy, and delicious! I did substitute the whipped cream for no-sugar Cool Whip and it was absolutely perfect. There was plenty of sugar in the fruit, cake, and pudding. I made sure to strain most of the juice from the strawberries and I also created a layer of pudding so that the juice couldn't drop down and soak the cake."
"Sorry...forgot to rate it with stars!"
"Amazing recipe! Very easy to make and assemble. Can't wait to make it again!!! Thank you!"
"I made this for the first time for Easter dinner and everyone loved it! I did add a few more strawberries and used low fat cool whip in place of the whipping cream. The angel food cake did not soggy and I found that one premade loaf from the grocery to be enough for the recipe and made it extra easy! It looked beautiful, tasted great, and I will definitely make it again!"
"Took this trifle to a party and everyone loved it. They licked the bowl clean and raved about it. It tastes just like fresh strawberry shortcake. I made a couple changes-i added a little sugar (1-2 TB) of sugar to my whipped cream while i whipped it to make it a tad sweeter. I also substituted pound cake for the angel food. I thought the pound cake would not get as soggy as the angel food. It was easy to make and will definitely make it again."
"AMAZING!!!!!! and everyone else thought the same thing i will for sure be making again.Quick, Easy and Yummy"
"Absolutely amazing! Everyone in the family loved it. It was the first time I had ever made trifle. I was worried that the strawberry mixture wasn't thick enough and everything would be soggy. However, it tasted wonderful."
"My friends and family LOVED this! I will DEFINATELY maked this again."
"I've made this recipe time and time again. Everybody raves about it! I admit I increase the strawberries from one pint to one pound. I also find that the loaf size of angel food cake is easier to cut than the round size you see most often. I've even given a trifle bowl to my great-niece who does a spectacular job of making it. You must give this recipe a try."
"My first time to make this dessert for my sister-in-law's picnic. Had a good comments as fabulous lightly dessert. I keep this recipe for next time to make again."
"I tried this desert for the first time to take to my mother in law's house for a potluck- and Oh Boy! Was it a success! I almost didn't even get my trifle dish back!! Great recipe- will make again and again!"