Strawberry Banana Trifle Recipe
No matter where I take this dessert, the bowl gets emptied in minutes. It's fun to make because everyone "oohs" and "ahhs" over how pretty it is. —Kim Waterhouse, Randolph, Maine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups cubed angel food cake
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional strawberries or banana slices, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin; stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in strawberries; set side.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes set aside. Toss bananas with lemon juice; drain and set aside.
- 3. Place half of the cake cubes in a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl. Layer with half of the pudding, bananas, strawberry sauce and whipped cream. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with additional fruit if desired. Yield: 14 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC