- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) strawberry pie filling
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a small bowl, combine the bread mix, walnuts, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread milk over crust; spoon pie filling over milk. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Squares
Sort By :
"I'm new as a field editor and until I got my new computer back in 2010, I didn't rate recipes! But now I admit that recipes which I didn't rate before I got my computer, I can do that now! I used a banana cake MIX instead of the banana quick bread bread & muffin mix! I've used other flavors of cake mix and pie filling to match the flavor & I also used 3/4 cup of sweetened flaked coconut. Other than that, I kept the recipe the same and I've used a 13x9x2" baking pan, greased and floured, rather than use a baking dish! Dawn E. Lowenstein"
"This was a good dessert but it wasn't amazing. I would make it again, but I might serve it w/whip cream on top."