Strawberry Banana Split Cake Recipe
This scrumptious is so easy to make but so impressive to serve. I've used the recipe for potlucks, showers and birthdays.—Joan Pacey, Ennismore, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:12-15 servings
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. Combine the crumbs, butter and sugar; press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill for 1 hour.
- 2. In a bowl, beat the butter, confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust; chill for 30 minutes. Layer with bananas, pineapple and strawberries.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over fruit. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 481 calories, 33 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC