This scrumptious is so easy to make but so impressive to serve. I've used the recipe for potlucks, showers and birthdays.—Joan Pacey, Ennismore, Ontario
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Combine the crumbs, butter and sugar; press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, beat the butter, confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust; chill for 30 minutes. Layer with bananas, pineapple and strawberries.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over fruit. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Banana Split Cake in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p44
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Split Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review