- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Combine the crumbs, butter and sugar; press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, beat the butter, confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust; chill for 30 minutes. Layer with bananas, pineapple and strawberries.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over fruit. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Split Cake
"Everyone seems to love this.It is very easy to make"
"Delicious! I did add grated chocolate on top with the nuts."
"We have been eating this since 2000. It's great in the summer."
"Amazing!!! This is one of the best summer desserts I've ever tried. I made it for a family picnic and everyone raved and begged me for the recipe. The only change I made was to add 6 oz of cream cheese to the butter mixture. Cannot wait to make this again"
"This recipe brought back awesome memories of my mother-in-law. Many years ago we would go out every Friday night for a fish fry at a little diner and we always topped off our dinner with a piece of banana split cake. The waitresses would even save us a piece if they were about to run out! I wish she were still on earth so I could surprise her with this cake. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe."
"What's a banana split without chocolate. Used chocolate ice box cookies for the crust. Yummie"
"This is one of my family's favorite recipes! When fresh strawberrys are not in season, I use strawberry glaze instead. It's a very nice cool tropical tasting treat! 5 star recipe!"
"This is our familys favorite summertime recipe. I usually have to make two and there's never any leftovers."