Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Frozen berries and fruit keep these frosty smoothies extra thick. Best of all, the recipe is a great way to use up that last banana or two. —Christy Adkins, Martinez, Georgia
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup ice cubes, crushed
- 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 small firm banana, chopped and frozen
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients; cover and process for
- 30-45 seconds or until smooth. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled
- glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 110 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.