Strawberry Banana Shakes
This very thick, not-too-sweet shake from 12-year-old Grant Dixon of Roseburg, Oregon packs a big strawberry and banana taste. "It's easy to mix together in the blender. I especially like it topped with whipped cream," he says.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup strawberry ice cream
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- Whipped cream and two fresh strawberries, optional
- Place milk, ice cream and banana in a blender; cover and process
- until smooth. Pour into glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and a
- strawberry if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 200 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.