Strawberry Banana Pie Recipe
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) ice cream sugar cones, crushed
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the crushed ice cream cones, pecans and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. In another large bowl, combine vanilla ice cream and mashed bananas. Spread over the crust; cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- 3. Arrange sliced bananas over ice cream; cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- 4. Top with strawberry ice cream; cover and freeze for about 45 minutes.
- 5. Hull and halve strawberries; place around edge of pie. Mound or pipe whipped topping in center of pie. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 349 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.