Strawberry Banana Pie Recipe
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) ice cream sugar cones, crushed
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the crushed ice cream cones, pecans and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. In another large bowl, combine vanilla ice cream and mashed bananas. Spread over the crust; cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- 3. Arrange sliced bananas over ice cream; cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- 4. Top with strawberry ice cream; cover and freeze for about 45 minutes.
- 5. Hull and halve strawberries; place around edge of pie. Mound or pipe whipped topping in center of pie. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 349 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.