- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter, brown sugar and cinnamon over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add bananas and vanilla; toss to coat. Remove from the heat; stir in strawberries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, water and salt. Heat remaining butter in a 10-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are almost set, spread two-thirds of fruit mixture over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Slide onto a serving plate; top with remaining fruit mixture. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Banana Omelet in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2014
"I had never tried an omelet with fruit in it, but this was really good. My husband and kindergartener loved it too."