Strawberry-Banana Gelatin Salad Recipe
Our family gatherings wouldn't be the same without this classic gelatin salad with its festive fruit layers. Since it stays nice and firm, it travels well and is ideal for taking to covered-dish suppers and church potlucks.
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup mashed firm bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in strawberries, pineapple, bananas and nuts. Pour half of the mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- 2. Set the remaining gelatin mixture aside. Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over the chilled gelatin. Spoon remaining gelatin mixture over top. Chill overnight. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 184 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC