"Like springtime on a plate, this eye-catching dessert has a bright cheery color and plenty of fruity flavor," remarks Margaret Kuntz from Bismarck, North Dakota.
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Layer banana slices and cake cubes in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Place strawberries over cake and press down gently.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Pour over strawberries. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Frost with whipped topping. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Banana Dessert in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p17
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2013
"This is one of my favorite recipes. The banana on the bottom and the strawberries mix with jello and angel cake make it a very light dessert. My husband's favorite!"
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2010
"A very good summertime dessert."