"Like springtime on a plate, this eye-catching dessert has a bright cheery color and plenty of fruity flavor," remarks Margaret Kuntz from Bismarck, North Dakota.
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Layer banana slices and cake cubes in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Place strawberries over cake and press down gently.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Pour over strawberries. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Frost with whipped topping. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Banana Dessert in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p17
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2013
"This is one of my favorite recipes. The banana on the bottom and the strawberries mix with jello and angel cake make it a very light dessert. My husband's favorite!"
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2010
"A very good summertime dessert."