Strawberry Banana Delight Recipe
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 ice cubes
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- 4 fresh strawberries
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool for 10 minutes. Add enough water to ice cubes to measure 1 cup. In a blender, combine gelatin and ice mixture; cover and process for 1 minute or until ice cubes are dissolved. Add bananas; process 1-2 minutes longer or until blended.
- 2. Pour into four dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until set. Garnish each with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and a strawberry. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 78 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Delight
"So light and tasty I loved it!"
"Better than I thought it would be! Light dessert with good flavor!"
"pretty good but like others, it kinda separated on me."
"I found it satisfying without alot of carbs"
"It separated - became watery, after refrigeration; the top had a different texture than the texture below."
"Loved it. However after a couple hours after setting the water started separating a bit. Don't know why. But very delicious."
"Did not try some of these recipes, but I will.I need gluten-free recipes andwe learned that my 2 year old granddaughter is a diabetic, and is being tested for Celiac.These recipes we are sure to try. THANK YOU SO MUCH. YOU ARE A GOD SENT."
"Family loved this healthy and diabetic friendly recipe. We use the canned topping to avoid the trans fats/hydrogenated oils. A definite keeper!"
"Wonderful! diabetic safe, and no sugar or Splenda added. Try it with raspberries."
"i am diabetic so this was a nice change for a dessert that i could have allso. everyone loved it.nice and light!!!"