Strawberry Banana Delight Recipe
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 ice cubes
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- 4 fresh strawberries
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool for 10 minutes. Add enough water to ice cubes to measure 1 cup. In a blender, combine gelatin and ice mixture; cover and process for 1 minute or until ice cubes are dissolved. Add bananas; process 1-2 minutes longer or until blended.
- 2. Pour into four dessert dishes. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until set. Garnish each with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and a strawberry. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 78 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Delight
"So light and tasty I loved it!"
"A very nice light dessert that isn't difficult to make. This will be dessert the next time we have company!"
"Already made this dessert twice and neighbor asked for recipe. Husband is on low carb diet this dessert satisfies his sweet tooth. We added some strawberries to the second batch along with the bananas. That got rave reviews."
"Better than I thought it would be! Light dessert with good flavor!"
"pretty good but like others, it kinda separated on me."
"I found it satisfying without alot of carbs"
"It separated - became watery, after refrigeration; the top had a different texture than the texture below."
"Loved it. However after a couple hours after setting the water started separating a bit. Don't know why. But very delicious."
"Did not try some of these recipes, but I will.I need gluten-free recipes andwe learned that my 2 year old granddaughter is a diabetic, and is being tested for Celiac.These recipes we are sure to try. THANK YOU SO MUCH. YOU ARE A GOD SENT."
"Family loved this healthy and diabetic friendly recipe. We use the canned topping to avoid the trans fats/hydrogenated oils. A definite keeper!"
"Wonderful! diabetic safe, and no sugar or Splenda added. Try it with raspberries."
"i am diabetic so this was a nice change for a dessert that i could have allso. everyone loved it.nice and light!!!"