Strawberry Banana Cups Recipe
Writes Evelyn Savage of Belfair, Washington,"My husband and I like Jell-O salad now and then, but if I made a whole package, it goes to waste. This recipe makes just enough for two. You can substitute other gelatin flavors for variety."
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar-free strawberry gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- 1 small firm banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 strawberries, halved for garnish
- 1. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in apple juice. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place sliced strawberries in the bottom of two individual serving dishes or 10-oz. custard cups. Stir bananas into gelatin mixture. Pour over strawberries. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with strawberry halves. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving equals 107 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC