Strawberry Banana Crepes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, milk and eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter. Stir batter; pour about 2 tablespoons into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack.
- 3. Repeat with remaining batter, add butter to a skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes on paper towels with waxed paper in between.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Spread 2 rounded tablespoonfuls on each crepe; roll up. In a large bowl, combine topping ingredients; spoon with crepes. Yield: 18 crepes.
2 each: 328 calories, 17g fat (12g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Banana Crepes
"These were so easy to make and tasted like they came from a fancy restaurant. I've never chilled the batter before and I couldn't believe how much easier it was to work with!"
"Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. I have made many crepes over the years, these were really nice. Chilling the batter helps make it very forgiving, and easy to work with. A keeper for sure"
"I Couldn't believe how simple. I've been afraid to attempt a crepe. Can't wait to make again.</p>"
"Awesome! We make this a lot! A little sweet, IMO, for breakfast though so I cut back the sugar in the filling."
"This is a simple recipe , we put the strawberries and bananas inside the crepes, kids were hungry so i didn't chill the batter but it didn't seem to affect the outcome, yummy and fast."
"This was so yummy I will be making this again!"
"that sounds good. im going to try that!"
"Yummy! Would be even better with strawberries cut up into the filling."