Strawberry Banana Crepes Recipe
My family often has company over for breakfast or brunch, and these light fruit-topped crepes are our favorite. The sweet sensations are as fast to make as they are fabulous. You can cook the crepes the night before, refrigerate them with waxed paper in between, then fill and top them in the morning. —Shelly Soule Las Vegas, Nevada
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, milk and eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter. Stir batter; pour about 2 tablespoons into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack.
- 3. Repeat with remaining batter, add butter to a skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper on paper towels in between.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Spread 2 rounded tablespoonfuls on each crepe; roll up. In a large bowl, combine topping ingredients; spoon with crepes. Yield: 18 crepes.
1 serving (2 each) equals 328 calories, 17 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC