Strawberry-Banana Angel Torte Recipe
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pureed fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Halved fresh strawberries
- 1. Split cake horizontally into three layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and pureed strawberries; fold in bananas and sliced strawberries. Fold in whipped cream.
- 2. Spread a third of the filling between each layer; spread remaining filling over top. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with halved strawberries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry-Banana Angel Torte
"My husband and father-in-law didn't like the sour cream in the frosting, but everyone else loved it."
"My husband made this and it was WONDERFUL! The kids loved it too. If you were to add chocolate it would be like eating a banana split. We will definitely be having this again!"
"The adults liked it, the kids liked it, and it was super simple to put together."
"Readers of the "Cooking with Millie" newspaper food column I've written for many years share their best recipes, like this tasty dessert from Cheryl Rife. It's a perfect ending to a spring meal.View this recipe now"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.