Readers of the "Cooking with Millie" newspaper food column I've written for many years share their best recipes, like this tasty dessert from Cheryl Rife. It's a perfect ending to a spring meal.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pureed fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Halved fresh strawberries
- Split cake horizontally into three layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and pureed strawberries; fold in bananas and sliced strawberries. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread a third of the filling between each layer; spread remaining filling over top. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with halved strawberries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Banana Angel Torte in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry-Banana Angel Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review