- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pureed fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Halved fresh strawberries
- Split cake horizontally into three layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and pureed strawberries; fold in bananas and sliced strawberries. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread a third of the filling between each layer; spread remaining filling over top. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with halved strawberries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry-Banana Angel Torte
Sort By :
"My husband made this and it was WONDERFUL! The kids loved it too. If you were to add chocolate it would be like eating a banana split. We will definitely be having this again!"
"The adults liked it, the kids liked it, and it was super simple to put together."