Strawberry-Bacon Spinach Salad
Ruth Haywood’s colorful Strawberry-Bacon Spinach Salad is sweet and crunchy with a tangy dressing. “I made this recipe for our prayer group, and everyone enjoyed it,” Ruth writes from Lake Charles, Louisiana.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, bacon, onion and
- walnuts. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar.
- Serve with salad. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 328 calories, 28 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.