Strawberry Avocado Salad
nancy Johnson of Laverne, Oklahoma blends together a sweet and tangy dressing to drizzle over this pretty salad. Tip: Substitute a little freshly grated onion instead of onion powder if you have an onion on hand.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 6 medium fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 10 ingredients. Arrange greens on
- two salad plates; top with avocado and strawberries. Drizzle with
- dressing. Yield: 2 servings.