Strawberry Asparagus Salad
"This is my family's favorite springtime salad," relates Judi Francus of Morristown, New Jersey. "The dressing is so light and refreshing, and the vivid combination of red berries and green asparagus is a real eye-catcher."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil and honey; mix well. Cook
- asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4
- minutes; drain and cool. Arrange asparagus and strawberries on
- individual plates; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 68 calories, 1 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 9 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.