Strawberry Arugula Salad Recipe
We love to make this strawberry salad when there are plenty of fresh greens to pick. I serve it as a side salad, or make it an entree by topping it with chicken. —Sara Longworth, Worcester, Massachusetts
- 2 cups torn fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, orange juice concentrate, vinegar, orange peel and ginger. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 295 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC